- The Baptist church that was built at Chebogue Point in 1843 was moved to Rockville and was renovated and rededicated in 1888.
- A schoolhouse was built about 1840.
James Robbins settled here in 1762.
The Mi’kmaq name for Chebogue “Utkubok”, “a spring of water”, included this area. After English settlement it was first known as Lower Chebogue until the citizens chose the newer, more descriptive name of “Rockville”. Another early name was Rocky Nook.